What’s it all about?
I love when small start-ups emerge from accelarators and incubators and start playing with the big boys, engaging with Utilities and large corporates. A partnership increasingly happening and increasingly collaborative, with great results. Here Simon Bushell, CEO of Sympower shares his start-up journey, milestones and thoughts on 100% renewables and an electrified mobility future.
About Simon Bushell:
Simon is the CEO and one of the founders of Sympower. His mission is to contribute to the systemic change needed to stop the climate crisis.
Simon featured on Forbes’ 30 under 30 list for Social Entrepreneurs in 2018. In the same year, he was also named a top talent by Dutch daily financial newspaper Het Financieel Dagblad. Outside of Sympower, Simon sat on the inaugural committee of de Jonge Klimaatbeweging, the Dutch Youth Climate Movement, and is a published researcher on the subject of climate change communication.
Sympower is the demand-response specialist using flexibility to power a successful energy transition. The company combines software and hardware, providing an end-to-end solution that stabilises energy grids and offers real-time monitoring and balancing of electricity supply and demand.
Founded in 2015, Sympower has over 30 staff based in the Netherlands, Estonia, Finland, Sweden and Israel. It works with grid operators, energy resellers and companies in traditional industries such as paper and pulp, recycling and waste, agriculture and water management. Sympower’s current customers include transmission system operators Fingrid, Svenska Kraftnät and TenneT, as well as the Israeli system operator.
- Simon Bushell on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbushell/
- Sympower Website: https://www.sympower.net/
- Sympower on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sympower
- Sympower on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sympower/
- Sympower on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sympowerltd
- Team of Teams- General Stanley McChrystal – https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015YVRKPM/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers -Ben Horowitz – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQ845EA/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
- Heat, How we can stop the planet burning – George Monbiot – https://www.monbiot.com/books/heat/
Follow us online, write a review (please) or subscribe
I’m very keen to hear feedback on the podcast and my guests, and to hear your suggestions for future guests or topics. Contact via the website, or Twitter.
If you do enjoy the podcast, please write a review on iTunes, or your usual podcast platform, and tell your cleantech friends about us. That would be much appreciated.