I’ve been privileged to work with Rupert and his team over the last few years and to see the evolution of his business, as the energy transition and in particular the evolution of battery energy storage has seen challenges and opportunities. Here Rupert and I discuss that journey and how he sees the sector continue to evolve over the coming years.
About Rupert Newland
Rupert founded Arenko in 2015 to build a world class energy storage business. He is on the company’s Board of Directors and is the Chief Executive Officer. Rupert leads the growth, strategy and direction of Arenko as well as having overall responsibility for the day to day activities. Prior to creating Arenko, Rupert spent seven years in corporate finance, funding and advising renewables and technology businesses and projects. Through Rupert’s leadership, Arenko is addressing a major commercial opportunity and market need which is fundamental to the long-term sustainability of our energy system and provides long term value to our customers and consumers.
Arenko is a world leading battery software and controls platform building a differentiated position in the multi-billion-dollar battery controls and automation market. The technology is proven to maximise the commercial and technical return on some of the world’s largest battery assets and is the chosen provider of major battery owners.
The company recently announced multiple long term software contracts as well as the strategic sale of 141MW of battery projects to focus as a pure play software provider and accelerate the commercialisation of its automation technology. Having proven the capabilities of its technology at scale, Arenko is in a period of rapid commercial scale up and intends to be the preferred software platform to unlock the value of batteries world-wide, offering a fully automated trading service for financial investors and a licence product for energy companies.
- Rupert Newland on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rupert-newland-48892121/
- Arenko Group Website: https://arenko.group/
- Arenko Group on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArenkoG
- Arenko Group on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/arenko-cleantech/
- Steven Schwartzman – Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence – https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Takes-Lessons-Pursuit-Excellence/dp/1501158147
- The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution,- https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Solved-Market-Revolution/dp/073521798X
- SALE OF BLOXWICH 41MW TO GRESHAM HOUSE https://arenko.group/sale-of-41mw-bloxwich-battery-storage-project-to-gresham-house/
Follow us online, write a review (please) or subscribe
I’m very keen to hear feedback on the podcast and my guests, and to hear your suggestions for future guests or topics. Contact via the website, or Twitter.
If you do enjoy the podcast, please write a review on iTunes, or your usual podcast platform, and tell your cleantech friends about us. That would be much appreciated.