I was introduced to Gideon by co-founder Pieter Waller. I met Pieter at the rEVolution event in Amsterdam two years ago. It’s been fascinating to watch their growth, including an A-round of fundraising, and a partnership with Porsche. Gideon shares some really valuable insights from that journey, in particular we talk luck and resilience!
About Gideon Van Dijk:
Gideon is CEO and Co-Founder at Chargetrip, a company accelerating the advent of sustainable mobility by developing the missing navigation tools that help people and businesses switch to electric mobility. Over the last two years, Gideon and his team have taken Chargetrip from a small start-up to an emerging navigation company solving complex routing optimization problems for well known automotive clients. Gideon is a UWC Atlantic Alumni, ex RNLI crew member, and a serial entrepreneur, holding multiple leadership and advisory positions. He has a background in clean-tech, product design, and innovation consultancy. Gideon believes the sustainable energy transition is one of the most significant challenges of our generation and thinks electric mobility is a crucial catalyst. He is a life-long learner, occasional speaker, and deeply interested in technology-driven innovations that enable sustainable development. Gideon currently lives in Amsterdam with his wife and two kids.
Driving an electric car is amazing but should be anxiety-free. Chargetrip gives developers the tools to make routing and charging effortless for EV drivers and electrified fleets.
Our routing engine uses over fifteen different variables to calculate the real-time range of any electric vehicle. Temperature, weather, charge speed, elevation, rolling resistance, real-time vehicle data, and availability of charge stations are all taken into account. Chargetrip’s routing algorithms calculate the best route to a driver’s destination, with the optimal charge stations in between. Build-in predictive models optimize for total travel-time and travel-costs. Chargetrip makes it easy for anyone to drive beyond the range of the battery.
Chargetrip has received over 2M in funding and has won several innovation and sustainability awards. Chargetrip is a proud EEx portco, the premier clean-tech accelerator.
- Gideon’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gideongauss/
- Chargetrip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/10428671
- Chargetrip Website: https://www.chargetrip.com
- State of Charge Newsletter: https://us12.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=eaea97b9072598e3643ab1131&id=9021c65c75
- Latest funding round press release: https://www.chargetrip.com/press-release/
- Chargetrip Latest funding round press release: www.chargetrip.com/press-release/
- Vaclav Smil – Growth: From Microorganisms to Megacities www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XK…_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
- Vaclav Smil – Energy and Civilization: A History www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072F…rwt_bibl_vppi_i2
- This American Life Podcast – www.thisamericanlife.org/
Follow us online, write a review (please) or subscribe
I’m very keen to hear feedback on the podcast and my guests, and to hear your suggestions for future guests or topics. Contact via the website, or Twitter.
If you do enjoy the podcast, please write a review on iTunes, or your usual podcast platform, and tell your cleantech friends about us. That would be much appreciated.